Singularity University and Project HeHa Showcase Finalists of Global Competition Representing Best Ideas, Startups For Achieving Happiness
Technology Solutions to Help People Become Prosperous, Achieve Super Happiness
MOUNTAIN VIEW, CA – October 20, 2017 – Singularity University (SU), a global community with a mission to educate and empower leaders to apply exponential technologies to address humanity’s grand challenges, and Project Heha, a worldwide movement to help people achieve super happiness and co-create a happier world, will judge finalists from their Super Happiness Challenge at the Final Pitch Day on Oct. 20, 2017, at GSV Labs in Redwood City, Calif. The event, which will take place from 2 to 6 p.m., will include presentations from the finalists who will present their ideas and startups to a panel of judges and investors.
Project HeHa is focused on delivering holistic wellness and happiness solutions worldwide. Based on Project Heha’s book, "The Movement to Co-Create a Happier World," the Super Happiness Challenge is one of the ways that Project Heha wants to help people around the world achieve holistic happiness. Singularity University partnered with Project HeHa, issuing the global call for submissions to its 200,000-member community, creating the submission process and judging criteria, and helping finalists hone their presentations for maximum impact.
Finalists will be vying for cash prizes from $5,000 to $35,000 for new ideas that could be developed into new solutions to promote happiness, and $5,000 to $25,000 for startups with existing businesses that promote happiness. The winning startup also has the potential to receive up to $1 million in additional investments to bring their solutions to market. The Super Happiness Challenge received 528 submissions from over a thousand people representing 74 countries and six continents.
On Friday, the ten finalists will be judged by the following panel members representing academia, technology, and investors:
- Joi Ito, MIT Media Lab Director
- Dr. Kasisomayajula Viswanath, Harvard University Professor
- Sammy Lee, Project Heha Founder, LKK Health Products Group Chairman, Chief Invisible Officer
- Jennifer Jolly, Emmy Award Winning Tech-Life Journalist
- Pascal Finette, Singularity University Vice President, Startup Solutions
The Startup track finalists include:
- BLITAB: the first-ever Braille tablet (Austria)
- SidekickHealth: a platform to manage chronic illness (Sweden)
- Suggestic: artificial intelligence nutrition app (USA)
- Wefarm: the world’s largest farmer-to-farmer information network (UK)
- Mush: #1 app for new parents (UK)
The Idea track finalists include:
- The Daily Experiment: online community to make happiness available through self-improvement and social good (UK)
- Augus: online tool that uses artificial intelligence (AI) to help people design their own paths to happiness (Mexico)
- Eldo: platform that builds intergenerational relationships by connecting older mentors with younger minds (USA)
- Garbage Medical Insurance: micro-insurance plan to use garbage as a financial resource, enabling those less fortunate to pay for health care (Tanzania)
- Smile Mirror: a “magical” mirror that allows you to see yourself only when you smile (USA)
“Our mission is to keep co-creating happiness with different people around the world to find multiple paths to happiness,” said Sammy Lee, Project Heha Founder, LKKHPG Chairman and Chief Invisible Officer. “Whether it be through tech and science or experience and philosophy, we know that there are other methods beyond our 5+1 method and we want to discover and promote as many as we possibly can. Our mission isn’t just our way. Our mission is global happiness.”
“At Singularity University, we believe the purpose of emerging or exponential technologies such as artificial intelligence, virtual and augmented reality, nanotechnology, robotics, and digital biology is to improve the human condition and help everyone enjoy an abundant, prosperous life,” said Pascal Finette, VP Startup Solutions and Entrepreneurial Chair at SU. “The ultimate manifestation of this is happiness. We are proud to be partnering with HeHa and agree the importance of the Happiness Challenge can't be overstated.”
ABOUT PROJECT HEHA
Project HeHa is a movement to co-create a world of Super Happiness. It is founded by Sammy Lee, the chairman of LKK Health Products Group (LKKHPG). The goal of Project HeHa is to help everyone live happier lives - HeHa lives - through specific actions and a global ecosystem. As an advocate of Super Happiness, we want to practice our philosophy, and help others learn it and pass it on to people everywhere. By helping everyone to develop habits that bring positive change, we hope we can help the whole world to live happier, healthier, and more successful lives. For more information on Project HeHa, go to http://www.projectheha.com.
ABOUT SINGULARITY UNIVERSITY (SU)
Singularity University (SU) is a global learning and innovation community using exponential technologies to tackle the world’s biggest challenges and build an abundant future for all. SU's collaborative platform empowers individuals and organizations across the globe to learn, connect, and innovate breakthrough solutions using accelerating technologies like artificial intelligence, robotics, and digital biology. A certified benefit corporation headquartered at NASA Research Park in Silicon Valley, SU was founded in 2008 by renowned innovators Ray Kurzweil and Dr. Peter H. Diamandis with program funding from leading organizations including Google, Deloitte, and UNICEF. To learn more, visit SU.org, join us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter @SingularityU, and download the SingularityU Hub mobile app.