Singularity University Coronavirus Policy
February 5, 2020
Since December 2019, there has been an emerging public health concern regarding the spread of infections caused by the 2019 Novel Coronavirus (2019-nCoV), that originated in Wuhan, Hubei Province, China. Cases of the virus are now being detected in multiple countries around the world.
Singularity University’s business is global, and so in our normal course of business we may welcome into our programs and interact with individuals from, and recent visitors to, Mainland China. To protect the health and well-being of our employees, partners and participants in our programs, SU is instituting the following policies and procedures effective today.
- Residents of Mainland China, individuals who have visited, or who live with someone who has visited Mainland China in the 14 days preceding commencement of an SU program, will not be admitted to the program.
- Employees, Partners or Faculty who have visited, or who live with someone who has visited Mainland China in the past 14 days, are required to self-identify and work from home until 14 days have passed since that person, or the person they live with, returned from China.
- The 14 day self-exclusion period applies whether or not individuals experience symptoms.
- At every SU program location, hand sanitizer will be available at multiple locations around the classroom & building and each evening tables and chairs will be wiped down with antibacterial wipes.
- We request that any program participant, faculty member or employee diagnosed with the coronavirus within 14 days of attending an SU program notify Chez Rueda at [email protected] immediately.
- Upon being notified of a participant diagnosed with the virus, SU commits to inform all other participants of the program s/he attended within 24 hours via email.
Based on new information and recommendations from local and national health organizations, (WHO, CDC and Local Department of Public Health) SU reserves the right to modify or suspend this policy.
For further information or to get answers to any questions you may have, please contact Chez Rueda at [email protected]
Additional Resources: WHO, CDC, SCCGOV, DHS