As 2018 comes to a close, I wanted to thank our community for what’s been an amazing year. How amazing, you ask? Well, check this out:
- Our community grew to nearly 200,000 members who have launched more than 5,000 impact initiatives thus far! Thank you for coming along on this epic ride with us.
- We kicked off our 10-year anniversary celebration (be sure to download our 10-year retrospective magazine!) and mobilized our community around a global impact challenge. (Have you taken the challenge yet?)
- We completed our Series B funding round, ensuring we have the resources we need to continue expanding SU globally, and welcomed Erik Anderson as our new Board Chairman.
- And speaking of that, we signed our 4th, 5th, and 6th Country Partners. Is your country next?
- We reached a total of 143 SingularityU Chapters worldwide in 65 countries. I invite you to find a Chapter to join if you haven’t done so already. If you don’t see one near you, apply to lead one!
- We rebooted our oldest and most-loved program, the GSP, to make it even more global and impactful. Apply or refer a friend!
- Our 62 Portfolio Companies have to date raised more than $953M to take moonshots and solve global grand challenges.
- We beefed up the SU App with some exciting new features and introduced the new SingularityU Membership to enrich your SU experience.
- We unveiled a new enterprise portfolio offering customizable solutions enabling organizations to better understand and anticipate the potential impact of exponential technologies and trends and to take action.
- And finally, since you’re reading this, you know that we recently launched the SU Blog to let you hear from us in our own voice. We’re highlighting our latest news and happenings and sharing stories and perspectives from our community, employees, partners, and more. Subscribe today to stay in the loop!
As you can see from this list, 2018 was a memorable year on many levels. Celebrating our 10th anniversary certainly put a lot of things into perspective, and I send my sincere thanks to every member of our community. You’re at the heart of everything we do. As great as this year has been, we’ve set our sights on an even better year ahead. The SU team and I look forward to working with you, seeing you, and hearing from you in the New Year!