Webinar: How to Design Exponential Business Models
Join us Tuesday, February 21, 2017, at 10am PT / 6pm GMT
Speakers: Patrick van der Pijl and Lisa Kay Solomon
Patrick van der Pijl is one of the world’s leading experts on business model innovation. Having helped leaders at hundreds of organizations to become more strategic and intentional about their business models, Patrick will now share his insights with you and teach you how to design a business model for exponential growth and impact.
Lisa Kay Solomon, SU Principal Faculty for Transformational Practices, has developed important new frameworks, tools, and practices to help leaders accelerate progress on their greatest opportunities.
What we’ll cover:
- What it means to design a business model
- What emerging business models of the future will look like
- What you can learn from successful business models that are profitable and create lasting positive impact in the world
- How technology is changing how businesses can deliver value for their customers and partners and/or dramatically reduce the cost of their delivery mechanisms and back-end infrastructure
- How companies with a traditional business planning process can become more nimble and agile in exploring new business models, and the challenges, risks and best practices
- How leaders of startups and fast-growing businesses can scale business model knowledge as a strategic discipline throughout their organizations
More about the speakers:
Patrick van der Pijl
As the founder and CEO of Business Models Inc, a global innovation consultancy, Patrick helps multinational corporations, governmental agencies, NGOs, and startups understand, design, prototype and scale new business models for exponential growth and impact. Patrick is the coauthor of Design A Better Business: New Mindset, Skills and Tools for Innovation and Strategy and the producer of the global bestseller, Business Model Generation.
Lisa Kay Solomon
Innovation strategist Lisa Kay Solomon works with senior leaders to solve their high-stakes issues with new frameworks, tools, and practices. Lisa is the founder of Innovation Studio, and teaches Innovation in the MBA in Design Strategy program at the California College of the Arts. Lisa is a frequent keynote speaker on innovation and leadership at such leading business schools as Stanford University, University of California - Berkeley, Cornell University, and the University of Virginia, and at numerous innovation and leadership conferences. She recently delivered a TEDx talk on her passion for innovation as a leadership practice and was co-host at the international Business Design Summit. In her work with such companies as Andreessen Horowitz, Herman Miller Inc., Toyota Financial Services, Citrix Systems, and PBS, Lisa helps executive teams bring innovation into everyday work and behaviors. Lisa coauthored the Wall Street Journal bestseller, Moments of Impact: How to Design Strategic Conversations that Accelerate Change and regularly writes for Forbes, Business Week, and the Huffington Post. Lisa earned a BA from Cornell University and an MBA from New York University - Stern School of Business. Join her, and the conversation about leading innovation, at LisaKaySolomon.com.