David Alejandro Trejo Pizzo
A tool that administers the exchange of energy on distributed, self-growing connection grids.
Pictured left to right: Rubén Salim, Nicolás Cerúsico, Romina Chavez, Maria Lazarte, and Alberto Ramos
Medicament cure for chronic wounds.
The purpose of the SingularityU Argentina Global Impact Challenge is to foster moonshot innovations and startups that positively impact the lives of people living in Argentina, with an ability to scale and impact a billion people worldwide in 10 years.
What moonshot innovation would you develop to solve a global grand challenge (environment, energy, water, food, health, disaster resilience, governance, learning, space, security, prosperity, and shelter) using exponential technology that would impact the lives of a billion people in the next 10 years?
The winner receives a seat at the SU Ventures Incubator Program. The Incubator Program is a 10-week program that fosters the development of viable start-ups (for profit or not-for profit).
The SU Ventures Incubator Program runs from April 2, 2018 to May 18, 2018.
The Incubator Program Journey
Dates and timeline
Applications open: November 17, 2017
Applications close: January 10, 2018
Pitch event & Winners announced: February 20, 2018
Rules & Criteria
Applicants must meet the following eligibility requirements:
- The challenge is open to residents and citizens of Argentina
- You must be age 21 or older
- You must be fluent in written and spoken English
- You must be able to participate for the entire Incubator program from April 2, 2018 to May 18, 2018.
- Applicants selected as finalists will be interviewed by a panel of judges on Tuesday, February 20, 2018.
We look for people from all professional backgrounds, but will be really thrilled to find you if:
- You're a founder of an idea-stage startup or an individual with a moonshot idea.
- You're an accomplished entrepreneur, technologist, scientist, or change agent with expertise in your chosen field(s).
- You're already considering how to leverage exponential technologies to create a positive impact in the world.
- You're committed to the long-term journey of launching an impact-focused startup
We will evaluate submissions using the following criteria:
- Degree of the solution's relevance to the theme of the challenge
- The regional relevance in solving the challenge in Argentina
- Coherence of the idea and the feasibility and viability of implementing it
- Entrepreneurial and innovative potential, with a focus on technological novelty
- Quality of applicants' leadership experience, profile, achievements, and potential
- Summary of accomplishments
- An abstract of the project idea
- Within the abstract, describe and detail the following: Your idea and problem/opportunity you are addressing, your solution and long-term impact, applied technology for your solution, and your business model
- Video URL of the project idea
GIC Organizing Team
Frequently Asked Questions
Global Impact Challenges (GICs) are annual incentive competitions held in partnership with sponsor organizations worldwide and organized by geography and theme. These challenges act as a platform to identify outstanding entrepreneurs, leaders, scientists, and engineers with the most innovative ideas for moonshot innovations and startups that can positively impact a billion people in 10 years. The winner of each challenge receives a full sponsorship to attend an SU program.
We are looking for early-phase startup ideas or individuals with a moonshot ideas. Judging criteria is based on the grandness of the idea—such as whether it solves a problem with a potential to positively impact millions of people, technological novelty, viability of implementing it and applicants leadership potential.
If you’re a later-stage venture, check out the SU Ventures program.
Still have questions?
Get in touch with the Argentina GIC organizers by emailing them at [email protected].