What’s your moonshot innovation to a global grand challenge that leverages exponential technology and has a potential to impact a billion people in 10 years?
The purpose of the SingularityU Peru Global Impact Challenge is to foster moonshot innovations and startups that positively impact the lives of people living in Peru, with an ability to scale and impact a billion people worldwide in 10 years.
What moonshot innovation would you develop to solve a global grand challenge (environment, energy, water, food, health, disaster resilience, governance, learning, space, security, prosperity, and shelter) using exponential technology that would impact the lives of a billion people in the next 10 years?
Why Host a Global Impact Challenge in Peru?
The National Council of Science, Technology and Technological Innovation of the Government of Peru (CONCYTEC) is seeking to identify Peruvian innovators with projects or startups that can have the vision of positively impacting the lives of millions of people in the world through the creation of products, services and solutions with the use of exponential technologies.
The winner receives a seat at SU Ventures Incubator program. The Incubator Program is a 10-week program that fosters the development of viable start-ups (for profit or not-for profit).
The SU Ventures Incubator Program runs from September 3 - November 9, 2018.
The Incubator Program Journey
The cost for the challenge winner's participation in the SU Ventures Incubator Program will be covered by CIENCIACTIVA (The National Fund for Scientific Development, Technology, and Innovation of the Government of Peru).
Dates and timeline
Applications open: April 18, 2018
Applications close: May 11, 2018
Announcement of Finalists: May 25, 2018
Pitch event & Winners announced: June 4-8, 2018 TBD
For detailed rules and criteria please refer to Bases de Reto de Impacto Global Singularity University 2018-01
Sponsored exclusively by:
Rules & Criteria
Applicants must meet the following eligibility requirements:
- You must be a citizen of Peru
- You must be at least 21 years of age at the time of application
- You must be fluent in written and spoken English
- You must be able to attend the entire SU Ventures Incubator Program (September 3 - November 9, 2018)
We look for people from all professional backgrounds, but will be really thrilled to find you if:
- You're a founder of an idea-stage startup or an individual with a moonshot idea
- You’re an accomplished entrepreneur, technologist, scientist, or change agent with expertise in your chosen field(s)
- You’re already considering how to leverage exponential technologies to create positive impact in the world
- You’re committed to the long-term journey of launching an impact-focused startup
- Degree of solution's relevance to the theme of the challenge
- The regional relevance in solving the challenge in Peru
- Feasibility, Viability and Coherence of implementing the idea
- Entrepreneurial and innovative potential, with a focus on technological novelty
- Applicant’s leadership experience and quality, profile, achievements, and potential
- Summary of accomplishments
- An abstract of the project idea
- Within the abstract, describe and detail the following: your idea and problem/opportunity you are addressing, your solution and long-term impact, applied technology for your solution, and your business model
- A video URL of the project idea
- For detailed rules and criteria please refer to this Cienciactiva page.
GIC Organizing Team
Organizer, SingularityU GIC Peru
Frequently Asked Questions
Global Impact Challenges (GICs) are annual incentive competitions held in partnership with sponsor organizations worldwide and organized by geography and theme. These challenges act as a platform to identify outstanding entrepreneurs, leaders, scientists, and engineers with the most innovative ideas for moonshot innovations and startups that can positively impact a billion people in 10 years. The winner of each challenge receives a full sponsorship to attend an SU program.
We are looking for early-phase startup ideas or individuals with a moonshot ideas. Judging criteria is based on the grandness of the idea—such as whether it solves a problem with a potential to positively impact millions of people, technological novelty, viability of implementing it and applicants leadership potential.
If you’re a later-stage venture, check out the SU Ventures program.