World’s Exponential Technology Leaders Plan for the Next 10 Years at Singularity University Global Summit in San Francisco
SU Celebrates Impact of The Power of 10 with 1,500+ Global Leaders Making a Difference in Communities, Governments, Organizations, Startups, Enterprises Around the World
MOUNTAIN VIEW, CALIF. – August 15, 2018 – Singularity University (SU), a global community with a mission to educate, inspire, and empower leaders to apply exponential technologies to address humanity’s grand challenges, will host its third annual SU Global Summit, August 20-22, 2018, at the Hilton Union Square in San Francisco. This Summit’s theme is The Power of 10, celebrating SU’s 10th anniversary, the positive impact of technology over the past ten years, the anticipated breakthroughs in the next ten, as well as the tens of thousands of community members launching impact initiatives that leverage exponential technologies to positively impact billions of people around the world. To view the 2018 agenda, visit the SU Global Summit webpage.
More than 1,500 participants from 64 countries are expected to attend the Summit. They include executives from large enterprises, governments, and nonprofits, impact entrepreneurs, policy makers, investors, and engaged citizens. They all share an interest in learning how exponential technologies will impact the future, and how they can be used to address the world’s biggest challenges — from water, food, and shelter, to the environment, health, and education, among others. At the Summit, they will engage with world-renowned experts and practitioners discussing the latest technology developments; exchange stories of their own achievements and impact; learn about new programs and methodologies for launching moonshot projects, embracing an exponential mindset, and creating more resilient, adaptable organizations; and discover unique opportunities for collaboration and co-creation.
“In our first ten years, Singularity University became leader in understanding and educating the world about the growth, convergence, and future implications of exponentially accelerating technologies and how they can unlock solutions to the world’s biggest problems,” said Rob Nail, CEO and Associate Founder of Singularity University. “We also built a global community that’s using technology to create impact together around the world. In our next ten years, we will grow our capabilities, reach, and impact through our expanding ecosystem of partners, making exponential thinking and insights about the future accessible to anyone, anywhere and catalyzing connections to ensure a better future becomes a reality.”
“The Global Summit is where the world’s exponential leaders unite to drive positive change in new ways,” said Will Weisman, Executive Director, Singularity University Summits. “We invite you to join us on this mission and learn what you can do to impact humanity and usher in a new era of prosperity.”
In line with The Power of 10, SU will announce a variety of new initiatives that will support the efforts of the SU community for the next decade and beyond, among them:
- Global Startup Program – A flagship program since 2008, SU revamped the formerly named Global Solutions Program (GSP) this past year to make it available to more people. The GSP will focus on helping startups 10x their ideas, go global and build for the billion scale. SU will showcase the new program and begin taking applications for the spring 2019 cohort.
- SU Ventures Demo Faire – Over the course of the Global Summit, SU Venture companies will showcase their latest breakthroughs and products in the Expo.
- Digital Learning Platform – In August, SU will launch its digital learning platform including digital resources and new online courses. The new digital content is designed to bring SU and its exponential thinking and programs to more people around the world in an affordable, scalable format.
- Enterprise Solutions – SU helps organizations reinvent themselves to successfully chart and pursue a path to a better future. SU will showcase its portfolio of enterprise solutions that help executives define a future vision and strategy that includes both profit and purpose; harness exponential technologies, digital tools, and new business models to create future businesses that leap ahead of new competitive forces; cultivate future leaders armed with an exponential mindset and toolset; and create a more resilient, adaptable, and creative culture. SU will also share new insights from DASH, a new digital platform that leverages predictive analytics to help leaders forecast and respond proactively to exponential trends and technologies, and advance their leadership and innovation capabilities through diagnostics, customized content, and courses.
More than 75 global experts will present leading-edge research and perspectives on exponential technologies that will shift how we solve the world’s most significant challenges of growth and development, among them:
- Dr. Peter H. Diamandis, Co-founder, Singularity University, The Future is Faster Than You Think
- Rob Nail, CEO and Associate Founder, Singularity University, SU State of the Global Union: Building a Global Community
- Ray Kurzweil, Co-founder, Singularity University, Director of Engineering, Google, The Power of 10: An Exponential 10 Years
- Erik Anderson, Chairman of the Board, Singularity University, Founder & CEO, WestRiver Group, SU in the Next 10 Years and Exponential Business Models workshop
- Kay Firth Butterfield, Head, Artificial Intelligence & Machine Learning, World Economic Forum, Building Ethical AI
- Meighan Stone, Senior Fellow, Council on Foreign Relations; David Kirkpatrick, Founder, Techonomy, Social Media & Responsibility
- Vivienne Ming, CEO, Socos, Future of Human Potential
- Andrea Hoffman, Founder and CEO and Peter Classen, Chief Transformation Officer and Sr. Strategist, Culture Shift Labs, The Path to Growth, Innovation, and Abundance Through Diversity and Inclusion
- Raj Kapoor, Chief Strategy Officer, Lyft, Thoughts from the Front Line of Autonomous Transportation
- Dr. Daniel Kraft, Chair, Medicine & Neuroscience, Singularity University, Digital Medicine
- Danica Remy, CEO, B612, Mapping the Solar System
- Neil Jacobstein, Chair, AI & Robotics, Singularity University; Dr. Mary Lou Jepsen, CEO & Founder, Opnwatr; Pablos Holman, Intellectual Ventures, The Ethics of Exponential Technology moderated by Georgia Frances King, Ideas Editor, Quartz
- Dioselin Goselin, Sr. Director of Engineering, Mixed Reality at Work, Microsoft, Ubiquitous Mixed Reality: People, Places, and Things
- Anne Connelly, Vice Chair of the Board, Blockchain Canada; Cara LaPointe, Sr. Fellow, Beeck Center for Social Impact + Innovation, Georgetown University, Blockchain for Good moderated by Laura Shin, Crypto Journalist & Host, Unchained Podcast
- Wolfgang Fengler, Lead Economist, World Bank, Making Everyone Count: How Data Can Change the World
- Mei Mei Hu, CEO, United Neuroscience, Democratizing Brain Health
- Jun Axup, Chief Scientist, IndieBio, Food is Exponential Medicine
- Suzanne Gildert, Founder & CEO, Sanctuary.ai, Introduction to Exponentials: Robotics
- Allan Cook, Managing Director and Digital Reality Business Leader, Deloitte Consulting LLP, Digital Reality: Transforming the Enterprise
- John Hagel, Co-Chairman, Center for the Edge, Deloitte Services LP, Future of Work and the Individual, and Symposium: Moving from Pressure to Opportunity – the Challenge of the Big Shift
- Steve Hatfield, Principal, Future of Work Market Leader, Deloitte Consulting LLP, Organizations and the Future of Work
- Geoff Tuff, Principal, Innovation and Applied Design Practices Leader, Deloitte Consulting LLP, Panel: Turning Exponential Insights into Action
“We live in a time where unprecedented change is disrupting nearly every way we work and live. Our personal and professional lives are shifting in response to new technologies and business models. These forces challenge us to respond and adapt, or fall behind. In particular, organizations must adopt new ways of partnering externally to rapidly develop new capabilities and offerings. Singularity University provides critical impetus and education to help organizations accelerate their innovation transformations – and Deloitte is focused on innovating towards a technology-driven future by serving our clients’ multifaceted needs, beginning with operating the latest technologies, exploring new business models, and leveraging a broad ecosystem of collaborators and startups globally. Deloitte creates transformational solutions and operationalizes change, innovation and preparedness,” said Nishita Henry, Chief Innovation Officer, Deloitte Consulting LLP.
Deloitte is the Platinum Sponsor of Singularity University Summits, which includes the Global Summit, Exponential Medicine and SingularityU International Summits, which take place throughout the world. Deloitte is a founding member of SingularityU Netherlands.
To learn more about SU programs and events, go to su.org. Deloitte innovation resources are available here.
Deloitte provides industry-leading audit, consulting, tax and advisory services to many of the world’s most admired brands, including more than 85 percent of the Fortune 500 and more than 6,000 private and middle market companies. Our people work across more than 20 industry sectors to make an impact that matters — delivering measurable and lasting results that help reinforce public trust in our capital markets, inspire clients to see challenges as opportunities to transform and thrive, and help lead the way toward a stronger economy and a healthy society. Deloitte is proud to be part of the largest global professional services network serving our clients in the markets that are most important to them.
Deloitte refers to one or more of Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Limited, a UK private company limited by guarantee (“DTTL”), its network of member firms, and their related entities. DTTL and each of its member firms are legally separate and independent entities. DTTL (also referred to as “Deloitte Global”) does not provide services to clients. In the United States, Deloitte refers to one or more of the US member firms of DTTL, their related entities that operate using the “Deloitte” name in the United States and their respective affiliates. Certain services may not be available to attest clients under the rules and regulations of public accounting. Please see https://www.deloitte.com/about to learn more about our global network of member firms.
ABOUT SINGULARITY UNIVERSITY
Singularity University (SU) is a global learning and innovation community using exponential technologies to tackle the world’s biggest challenges and build a better future for all. SU’s collaborative platform empowers individuals and organizations across the globe to learn, connect, and innovate breakthrough solutions using accelerating technologies like artificial intelligence, robotics, and digital biology. A certified benefit corporation headquartered at NASA Research Park in Silicon Valley, SU was founded in 2008 by renowned innovators Ray Kurzweil and Peter H. Diamandis with program funding from leading organizations including Google, Deloitte, and UNICEF. To learn more, visit SU.org, join us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter @SingularityU, and download the SU Mobile app.