Our aim is to make this process as seamless as possible. Introduce us to relevant business leads and receive a referral fee when the business is closed.
By submitting your referral application you (“You” or “Your”) agree to the following terms in this agreement (“Agreement”) to participate in Singularity University’s (“SU”) referral program as indicated below (“Referral Program”). You represent and warrant that: (i) You have full legal authority to enter into this Agreement; (ii) You have read and understand the Agreement, and (iii) You agree to the terms of this Agreement. If You do not have legal authority to enter into this Agreement or do not agree to these terms, do not click to accept this Agreement below.
This Agreement is effective between You and SU as of the date You electronically submit the referral application and accept this Agreement.
- Referral Procedure:
- You must agree to these terms and conditions and fill out the referral webform in its entirety.
- SU will check if SU, an SU Country Partner, or an SU Reseller is already in contact or working with the company (“Referred Company”) You submitted in your referral application. SU has complete discretion to approve or not approve a referral. You will receive an email notification that Your submission has been either approved or not approved for the next step.
- If approved, You will be required to send an email to Your contact at the company that introduces SU (“Introduction”) and the Introduction email must be according to the guidelines provided by SU in the approval email. You must personally know such contact that You will introduce and the Introduction email should not be spam. You are solely responsible for compliance with all laws regarding this Introduction.
- If a referral application is not approved, then there is no further action for either SU or You on the submission and it is not eligible for any fees.
- SU is the final decision maker for any challenges or situations that are not defined based on the guidelines listed above, or in the case of extenuating circumstances.
- To be eligible for the Referral Program the company in your referral application must:
- Not be a government-controlled entity or have government employees acting as officers within the company.
- You agree that you will not submit a referral application for any companies that are ineligible under the Referral Program.
- SU may elect to create additional Referral Program guidelines (“Guidelines”) which may include updates regarding applicable referral fees/incentives and other relevant Referral Program details. The terms of any such Guidelines are made part of this Agreement and will control over any conflicting term in the body of this Agreement.
- You must be one of the following to participate in the Referral Program (as determined by SU):
- SU Chapter leadership team member
- SU Summit partner license holder
- SU GIC organizer license holder
- SU Country Partner license holder
- SU faculty member
If You are an employee of SU or not one of the above listed eligible participants, then You are not eligible to participate in the Referral Program.
- Qualifying Referral TransactionsEligible referral transactions are monetary programs for an Enterprise Solution or a digital course group enrollment of 100 or more seats (“Eligible Transaction”).
- Referral Awards:
- For SU Summit partner license holders, SU GIC organizer license holders, SU Country Partner license holders, SU faculty members:
- The “Referral Fee” is equal to 1% of the first Eligible Transaction per company, with a cap of $5,000 for a Referred Company. There are no additional Referral Fees for any transaction after the first transaction.
- To be eligible for a Referral Fee, a signed sales contract between SU and the Referred Company must be executed within 12-months of Your Introduction to the Referred Company.
- The Referral Fee, if any, will be paid to You within 60 Days after the program in the Eligible Transaction is complete AND SU received full payment for such program.
- For SU Chapter leadership teams:
- For Chapter leadership team referrals, the referral award is a free ticket to the SU Global Summit for one member of the Chapter Team for the leadership team to distribute as desired:
- 1 ticket if the Eligible Transaction is between $100,000 or less
- 2 tickets if the Eligible Transaction is between $100,000 and $200,000
- 3 tickets if the Eligible Transaction is between $200,000 and $300,000
- 4 tickets if the Eligible Transaction is between $300,000 and $400,000
- 5 tickets if the Eligible Transaction is between $400,000 and $500,000
For a referral to be eligible for an award, a signed sales contract with the referred company for the Eligible Transaction needs to be completed within 12-months of submission being received and accepted. Global Summit award tickets will be allocated to the Chapter leadership team for the next upcoming Global Summit after the contract for the Eligible Transaction is executed.
- Payment Process. In order for You to receive any Referral Fees You must first complete the required vendor payment form as required by SU, maintain a valid banking account within the Territory, and provide any other necessary information request by SU for SU to make payment. SU will make the payment in USD via wire transfer but reserves the right to change such payment method at its discretion. The Referral Fees above are exclusive of taxes, and SU might withhold or charge taxes if determined by law. Additional payment terms may need to be accepted by You for the payment of Referrals Fees to Your banking account. You are solely responsible for ensuring Your account information is accurate and current. SU will not be responsible for any payments not received due to You failing to provide accurate and complete account information for payment, or any other relevant or required information.
You must be at least 18 years old to be eligible for awards. Awards are non-transferable and Global Summit tickets are not redeemable for cash. Any referral payments will be paid in US dollars. You are responsible for all taxes and local requirements and fees.
You may not be an employee or legal representative of SU.
Void where prohibited by law.
- Not Permitted
The following activities are not permitted for the Referral Program:
- Referring a company where You do not know anyone
- Making an Introduction to someone you do not know
- Anything misleading or annoying
- Social media bios
- Paying or offering incentives for use of Your code
- YouTube channels
- Informational & fan websites
- Social media sharing
- Compliance In addition to the other legal requirements in this Agreement, You expressly agree to comply with the following:
- Anti-Bribery Laws and Reporting. You will comply with all applicable commercial and public anti-bribery laws (“Anti-Bribery Laws”), including the U.S. Foreign Corrupt Practices Act of 1977 and the UK Bribery Act of 2010, which prohibit corrupt offers of anything of value, either directly or indirectly to anyone, including government officials, to obtain or keep business or to secure any other improper commercial advantage. “Government officials” include any government employee; candidate for public office; and employee of government-owned or government-controlled companies, public international organizations, and political parties. Furthermore, You will not make any facilitation payments, which are payments to induce officials to perform routine functions they are otherwise obligated to perform.
- Export Control Laws. You will comply with all applicable export and re-export control laws and regulations, including (i) the Export Administration Regulations (“EAR”) maintained by the U.S. Department of Commerce, (ii) trade and economic sanctions maintained by the U.S. Treasury Department’s Office of Foreign Assets Control, and (iii) the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (“ITAR”) maintained by the U.S. Department of State.
- Acceptable Use Policy. You will not send, post, transmit or otherwise use any SU provided content, including the SU name or the programs, in connection with any materials, sites or otherwise.
- You represent, warrant and certify to SU that: (i) You have the legal authority to enter into these terms and participate in the Program; (ii) Your employment contract (if applicable) does not restrict you from participating in the Referral Program; (iii) each Referral application submitted by You will be reasonably made in good faith as meeting all requirements under this Agreement; and (iv) you will conduct all activities for the Referral Program in compliance with all applicable laws and governmental regulations.
- Termination and Modification of Terms. SU may at any time and in its sole discretion: (i) modify or update the terms of, including but not limited to, the Referral Program, this Agreement, Referral Fees or awards (and their governing terms and conditions) and will make such modified or updated terms available in writing, or (ii) terminate Your participation in the Program in its entirety.
- Term; Termination. The Agreement will continue until terminated by either party as provided herein or as specified below. Either party may terminate this Agreement immediately with or without cause upon written notice to the other party (email notice permitted). In the event of a termination, You will only receive Referral Fees that were earned in full for a Eligible Transaction that occurred prior to the effective termination date. This Agreement shall automatically terminate upon any of the following events:
- Your referral application is not approved, or
- 12 months have passed since your Introduction and there is no Eligible Transaction.
- Disclaimers; Limitation of Liability. EACH PARTY DISCLAIMS ALL IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION FOR NON-INFRINGEMENT, SATISFACTORY QUALITY, MERCHANT-ABILITY AND FITNESS FOR ANY PURPOSE. THE REFERRAL PROGRAM IS PROVIDED “AS IS” AND AT YOUR OPTION AND RISK AND SU DOES NOT GUARANTEE ANY RESULTS. EXCEPT FOR SECTION 13(INDEMNIFICATION), IN NO EVENT WILL EITHER PARTY BE LIABLE TO THE OTHER PARTY FOR ANY INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY, PUNITIVE OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, WHETHER OR NOT SUCH PARTY HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES, AND WHETHER ANY CLAIM FOR RECOVERY IS BASED ON THEORIES OF CONTRACT, WARRANTY, TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE), PRODUCT LIABILITY OR OTHERWISE. SU’S MAXIMUM AGGREGATE LIABILITY UNDER THIS AGREEMENT SHALL NOT EXCEED $5,000 USD.
- Indemnification. You will defend, indemnify and hold harmless SU, its affiliates, directors, officers and employees against all liabilities, damages, losses, costs, fees (including legal fees), and expenses relating to any allegation or third-party legal proceeding to the extent arising out of: (a) Your participation in the Program and (c) Your breach of any representation or warranty in this Agreement.
- Governing Law. This Agreement and its validity, construction, interpretation and legal effect will be governed by the laws of the State of California, USA (irrespective of its choice of law rules). Any legal action or proceeding arising under this Agreement will be brought exclusively in the federal or state courts located in the Northern District of California, with sole venue in the courts located in Santa Clara County and each party hereby submits to the personal jurisdiction of such courts and the parties hereby irrevocably consent to the personal jurisdiction and venue therein..
- Miscellaneous. Nothing contained in this Agreement will be deemed to create, or be construed as creating, a joint venture, agency, or partnership relationship between the Parties. No Party is, by virtue of this Agreement or otherwise, authorized as an agent, distributor, fiduciary or representative for, or partner of, the other Party for any purpose whatsoever, and the employees of one Party will not be deemed to be employees of the other Party. No Party is granted any right or authority to assume or to create any obligation or responsibility, express or implied, on behalf or in the name of the other Party, or to bind any other Party in any manner. This Agreement constitutes the entire understanding and agreement of the Parties, and supersedes any and all prior or contemporaneous representations, understandings, and agreements of the Parties, with respect to the subject matter of this Agreement. Nothing contained in this Agreement will be deemed to create, or be construed as creating, any third party beneficiary right of action upon any third party whatsoever. If any provision of this Agreement is found invalid or unenforceable pursuant to judicial decree or decision, the remainder of this Agreement will remain valid and enforceable according to its terms. The headings to Sections of this Agreement are for convenience or reference only and do not form a part of this Agreement and will not in any way affect its interpretation.