Disruption is occurring far more quickly than ever before, and some of the largest companies in the world have fallen. Many didn’t even see it coming. Consider these statistics:
- 72 percent of executives surveyed said they are susceptible to digital disruption in the next three years.
- Only 20 percent of Chief Strategy Officers believe their companies are highly prepared for sudden industry disruption.
- Nearly 140 private companies working to advance artificial intelligence technologies have been acquired since 2011, and over 40 acquisitions occurred in 2016 alone.
- On average, an S&P 500 company is replaced every two weeks.
- Nearly 50 percent of the current S&P 500 won’t exist over the next 10 years.
But there can also be a big upside to disruption
Disruption also presents massive opportunities for leaders who know how to spot critical trends, build innovation-friendly cultures, and invest in sound innovation practices.
Agile and innovative companies like Netflix, Instagram, Amazon, Airbnb, and Uber have used exponential technologies to completely disrupt their industries. You can learn how to plot a successful course for your company, too.
Take action to future-proof your company
With the right competencies, training, and insights, your company can ride the wave of disruption. How? Start by disrupting yourself before someone else does.
Our ebook, The Exponential Leader’s Guide to Disruption, offers expert strategies and tactics to help you start future-proofing your company. You’ll discover the skills, approaches, and mindset that we share with enterprise leaders every day to help them ensure the growth and success of their organizations and bring bold, innovative solutions to market.
Download our ebook now and see how to begin unlocking new opportunities for your company.